Terrazzo Shower Pan. I need Ideas.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am getting ready to install a terrazzo shower pan in a small guest bathroom. There is no room or access to get machinery anywhere near to where the pan needs to be. The walls to the shower room are already built and closed. (This is a remodel, not new construction.)

The problem is that the terrazzo shower pan will weigh about 450 pounds. Any ideas on how to safely get it into position and lower it onto the concrete slab so that the drain is properly lined up and engages? That's a huge amount of weight to deal with without the use of machinery.

I can get about 6 big guys to help me, but I am worried about the alignment, as well as the possibility of someone getting hurt.

Grateful for any helpful ideas.

Thanks guys!

Luckily, I have never had to deal with this particular problem. About the worst I have done is to set cast iron and big cultured marble tubs by myself.

But one thing that I have done to help me out in such situations is to use pieces of pipe as rollers to get the item into position. Could you maybe do something along this line?

I once used a motorcycle lift to help me install upper kitchen cabinets alone. As phishfood said, be creative, and you can accomplish pretty much any task necessary.

Latest posts

Back