Replacing stolen copper with PEX

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themovielife

Reaction score
Some copper was stolen from the house my family is moving into. The only pipes that were stolen were in the basement, that is, no walls were ripped apart, etc. - only the stuff that was easily accessible. My friend, a casual handyman, has suggested that we replace the missing stuff with PEX pipes instead of copper. I'm leaning towards buying copper and doing it that way. Any advice from the seasoned experts?

Pex would be cheaper, but I personally don't like to mix mediums. It would not cost that much to just repair using copper.

6 of one half a dozen of another. :rolleyes: If you have a friend who has the Pex tools then Pex is the way. Copper is good. Pex is better. Pex will last longer and less joints to worry about in the future. Plus, no one will want to steal the Pex over the copper. LOL, unless they are really hard up for cash. :cool:

i agree with greg c. pex is far better then copper in various aspects. depending on the water content pex last longer.

Latest posts

Back