What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just completed diging 300feet for a main line water repipe.one and a half guysit took us 6 days.we sold it for 10,000

With a jack hammer ,shovels ,pick. 13Inches down .we were on fairly soft dirt.lots of tree roots due to great oak trees .my co worker cut them off..big no no .these roots are protected .we spend a good half day covering them up .inspector did not notice.

Haven't done it yet but my wife is dragging me off to got save some Tat-Tats.
Gonna go walk NOT run a few miles for the Cure.

It took me 5 hours to clean and organize all my tools in my van..thats it, no matter how tired i am or how late it is ,i am never going to just throw stuff in the back of the van ,the lazy guy works twice as hard.5 hours what a nightmare

Today, well it's only 3:30 am so all I have done is lay in bed stressing about an overnight job I have to do tomorrow. I have to move a water meter and service and running all new 2" copper through a parking lot and be done and have them back online by the time they open. I am given a few hour window to have it done. No room for error.

Today, well it's only 3:30 am so all I have done is lay in bed stressing about an overnight job I have to do tomorrow. I have to move a water meter and service and running all new 2" copper through a parking lot and be done and have them back online by the time they open. I am given a few hour window to have it done. No room for error.

I can put the pipe in as fast or faster than you can dig it.

Also been know to throw dirt clods at the operator
"HURRY UP!!!"

What time do we start?

we Have back hoe rodeo's around here.

I had the pleasure of installing sewers behind one of the first place winners once. Booker T "Bugger"
leave the shovel in the truck, its not needed
he could dig on grade. smooth bottom, perfect fall
just lay pipe.

I think I mentioned on here about my car being backed into on the 13th. Well, I FINALLY got my car back just before the body shop closed on Friday. The guy said it was ready to take home but that he hadn't washed it and to bring it back on Monday for a free wash. He said to not take it through the carwash yet since they had just painted it that day.

They didn't even start working on it until Tuesday and didn't prime it until Wednesday. I was getting irritated. When I went in to pick it up, he apologized and explained that "they" switched from using solvent based paints to water based paints. He said that they tried the solvent based first but it didn't work out so they had to redo it with water based. Its one of those things with the shiny metallic flecks in it, so I know that it takes some work to make sure it is applied evenly and matches up with the rest of the car. Ended up costing my insurance company over $2k. I think they painted the entire left side of the car, including the gas cap and the front door.

Anyway, while I was waiting on Friday, I helped a friend by taking him back and forth to the hardware store and handing him things when he was under his house working on some plumbing. He didn't want to tear out his wall and the metal piping behind was messed up so he decided to put in an S-trap. Initially he was going to just have a straight drop down without a P-trap, but my brother and I talked him out of it. He bought an S-trap kit and then the store owner picked up a sanitary tee and explained how he could hook it up (showing it in horizontal position). I couldn't help but butt in and say "Just so you know, that is not-to-code. Tees can only be used vertically. He needs a wye." The guy got irritated and said that he would need an extra part to do it that way and that the sanitary tee was fine. My friend just wanted to spend as little money as possible so he took the guy's advice. I facepalmed. Later on the store owner was giving me stink eye.

I also made sure to tease my friend about pet cemetery because the night before his kitten jumped and he was trying to catch the kitten but grabbed his head instead. He has no feeling in his hand so he can't judge pressure. He heard a pop and the kitten went limp. He couldn't detect any signs of breathing or heartbeat for an hour. He kept checking on him and there was no movement so he buried the kitten in the yard under a tire. Halloween morning, he heard meowing outside. The kitten had woken up and dug itself out of the grave.

I later went over to another hardware store that just moved locations (its now on the main road not too far from Walmart) and ran in to my plumber. He seemed to be in a good mood. I described to him what a clusterf*k my plumbing was for the guest bathroom.

Since the weather turned colder, I opened up my bathroom to let my cats go in there. For some reason they love being in the bathroom. I put down some puppy pads and some cardboard boxes for them. They knocked some stuff out of my bathtub and off my counter so I'm going to have to clean that up later.

In other news, the stopper in my mother's lavatory stopped popping up when the lever was pushed down. I got a light and looked underneath. The clevis strap was loose, so at first I thought that was the problem, but when fiddled with the pivot rod I discovered that it didn't affect the stopper at all. I moved it up and down but it didn't seem to affect the stopper. I know something must have disconnected inside so I'm trying to figure out how to fix that. I can lift the plastic piece that the metal part of the stopper sits on up and down with my fingers and it is just sort of floating loose in there. Is it supposed to be attached to something?

I hope the description makes sense.

Anyway, today I basically lounged around in my hooded bunny onesie (aka cat magnet outfit). I'm probably going to go pick stuff up in my bathroom before it gets dark.

A little rod sticks in the drain and goes thru a hole in the pop up stopper. Sometimes they rot off and allows the stopper to come loose. There should be a nut on the back of the rod. Thread it off, pull it out and see what's goin on.

Back