a/c drain pipe issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnieu

Reaction score
My downstairs a/c was dripping out the secondary line which is above my kitchen window. So I put the wet vac and sucked out both secondary lines above the window. the primary lines go to a bathroom sink connection. I unhooked that and did the wet vac on it also. Now the downstairs a/c is functioning normal. No secondary line dripping. I attempted to check out all 4 lines by pouring a coke bottle of water down each drain line by the a/c. Both seondary lines flowed fine out above the kitchen window. The downstairs a/c unit primary line flowed fine out into the bathroom sink area. But I have poured several bottles of water and one bottle of bleach mix down the primary drain line of the upstairs a/c unit and nothing comes out the bathroom sink area. How should I proceed now? I don't have a blower device. Both a/c units seem to be working fine now with no visible issues.

Last edited:
The Primary on your upper AC unit maybe going to another location. I use compressed air to clear AC lines but that usually requires cutting the line.
I sometimes reconnect them with a short pc of neoprene or clear vinyl hose.
Sometimes you find a primary AC line dumping into a laundry auto washer standpipe.

Latest posts

Back