dont know what else to do HELP please

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samtron

Reaction score
Hi all I have a kitchen sink problem its stopped up and wont drain not even a drop for almost a month I got buckets in it to wash dishes like the old days hahahah..i have snaked it about 30 feet but cant pour more then 4 coffee cups of water in it without it stopped up again,,,,,i have poured acid but not working either checked the trap its fine... looked under the house its a straight pipe to the sink cept the 90 degree angle going into the wall...I don't know what else to do can anyone help thanks dalton

Do you have a pictures of the pipes, the trap and how it goes into the wall, and do you know where the vent pipe is?

Sometimes snaking is not enough and you have to get it cleaned out with an auger.

yeah I can take a pic for you..idk where the vent is might have to look for it nothing else is stopped up just that one ..um I have took all the pipe out under the sink and went thru the black pipe ill get a pic later today thanks for the reply

Most kitchen stoppages are caused by grease. Unless you use a snake of adequate size all your doing is punching small holes in the stoppage that close up as soon as you pull the snake back.

good point :) but wouldn't the acid I put in there dissolve it or heat it up enough to move it out the way heheh I can dream lol

You might be at the point where the stoppage is so bad you will have to hydro jet the line. A cable might not do it. Especially if it has been clogged that long. Another possibility is the line is broken

might have to call someone this happened before and he snaked it so I thought I could to but no go :(

We had a similar problem a little over a year ago. After trying a 30' snake we still couldn't get good use out of our kitchen sink before it would start acting slow again. We ran the snake through two cleanouts. Our drain lines run in a shape of a capital "T". The kitchen at the top left of the "T" and the washer/garage at the top right of the "T". After being quoted $1600 to get it hydro-jeted and video inspection I had thought I'd have to sleep on that amount and rethink the hole mystery of why the snakes didn't work, etc. I decided that I would hook up a new garden hose we'd recently bought for the wife to use (cause the other one we had was one of those hard stiff hose that you have to wrestle with unless the sun has been beaming on it all day). Anyway, hooked up the wifes clean and shiny new hose to the water heaters drain spout and ran the other end down the clean out port on the outside wall from the kitchen sink. This hose was cheap, which made it bend without resistance, compared to the other stiff hose we have. Pushing it in was easy and the usual black nasty water come gushing out at the same rate as the water going in through the hose. I thought to myself, either I'm gonna fix this or I'm written a check for $1600 real soon. So, I said to myself, F it...I'm gonna just let this hose run for half hour if I have to. sliding the hose in and out a few feet at a time as the water coming out became less black, I'd push some more hose into the cleanout. I kept doing this until the water that was coming out was clear...for nearly 25 minutes or so. Then I heard this swoosh sound and the water quit coming out. The drain was flowing like brand new. I'm thinkin to myself, I either opened up a cracked pipe into gopherville, or I'd just saved myself writing a fat check. It's been running great ever since.

I still to this day remember, before the above happen, when I tried caping off the kitchen drain and forcing water through the garage cleanout. We'd capped it off so tight that the water was either gonna pushout through the clog or my vent pipe would look like old faithful. Funny, as hell...it looked like old faithful. That's when I called for quotes. Glad I didn't give up and just kept at it. It makes sense though...keep pushing water in the cleanout until the water comes out clear...then feed in some more. Repeat.

Good luck and let us know what did it for ya.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, if you read many of the posts around here from the professionals, they say that the drain cleaners are useless and can even be harmful. They might clear a little bit of a clog, but they don't actually clear the whole clog and they can burn the plumbers that come to work on things. They can also damage the pipes sometimes.

I wonder if a pressure sprayer would be too harsh to spray through a cleanout... I think a garden hose with decent pressure might be worth a try though.

hi all thanks for the replys I have looked for a cleanout but cant seem to find one maybe im overlooking it hahah ill look again thanks

Call a professional plumber, not a Rooter person, for help. This is probably not an unusual clog for a plumber to clear but is not what you can tackle with the tools you have. NEVER, EVER use chemical drain cleaners again. Be sure to tell the plumber you hire that you put acid in the drains you want them to clean out.

Remember, Plumber not Rooter. Rooter only if you do not want a trained professional and are looking for somewhere to burn all of the money in your bank account.

ok thanks ill check into them :) yeah I have already drained the acid out but im sure there is more at the clog

Just in case any of the acid got stuck, it would be a good idea to let the plumber know. A lot of plumbers have been burned by acids when they weren't warned ahead of time.

Hopefully the plumber can get things straightened out for you.

Reactions: SHR
Have you tried using an air compressor to blow out the blockage?

Steve B.
Air Delights, Inc.
No links in posts, please

Last edited by a moderator:
nope never thought about that haha what kinda connections will I need to get a seal connect to the pipe or sink drain

We used similar to below image to connect garden hose laundry washer drain pipe.

http://www.didcotplant.co.uk/images/plumbing/drain_plug_150.jpg

Then capped/plugged sinks with similar to below image.

http://www.lyncar.com/plumbing/images/medium/dvd/fc215dt_MED.jpg

So, once we turn on the hose the water would have only 2 exits...either it would clear the clogg or water would come gyzering out our vent pipe on the roof.

It ended in old faithful shoot'n out the vent pipe.

You've got to find the cleanouts... depending on age of home / previous landscaping, they might be like this image http://mesaaz.gov/services/images/Pool_Pics/Buried_Cleanout.jpg get a wire hanger and poke around where you think it might be located in the ground. If you have to, get the ground wet.

I had a similar problem some years ago. Kitchen sink drain was plugged bad in my older ranch home. I tried snake, auger and neither worked. I found a pipe plug that you attached to an air compressor at the store. I put the plug in the end of the drain pipe under the sink and attached the air compressor. I knew this was risky and could blow the pipe. After a few minutes there was a pop and the pipe was clear.

Latest posts

Back