Water Thumping Noise

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russincincy

Reaction score
I installed a new kitchen faucet, and when I turn on the hot or cold water it makes a loud thumping noise. I've installed several faucets over the years, and have never had this happen. I tried turning the valves to only half way on, but it does it at half way and fully on. Please Advise. Thanks!

What brand/type of faucet did you install ? I have ran into this with cheap faucets where the diverter causes the faucet to hammer when first turned on or when switching between hot & cold.

It's a Glacier Bay. I've got one of these in the Bathroom, and it's fine. It may be cheap, but the price wasn't.

If your kitchen Faucet have a side sprayer , check the diverter to make sure its seated properly, if that doesn't work try a new diverter. Russ, if I offended you in any way, please accept my apology.

What is a diverter? Is it on the end that connects to the faucet, or the end that has the sprayer on it? I'm not a professional plumber? I was not offended, I know every company makes a bum product once in a while. lol

The diverter is a device that divert the water between the spout and the sprayer, It is in the body of the Faucet , remove the spout to locate. Google your Faucet parts to see what your diverter looks like.

Latest posts

Back