waste pipe repair

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacmonn64

Reaction score
Hello i'm new to this forum. Need some advice on my waste line repair job. First of all the lead pipe from the toilet to main stack had been leaking for a long time. Finally it got to the point where the floor around the toilet became weak. and I had to act. see first picture. The lead pic just pulled right out, no cutting all all.
second pic is the waste lines from the shower and sink.
After finding another leak by the shower overflow pipe I was like ok, time to remove the concrete and expose the pipes. About 3 inches of concrete, more deeper around the toilet.

There seem to be no more leaks. But the overflow tube from the shower has to go as well.
But its connected to the waste line from the shower. Did I mention that the house was built in 1903?
Anyway problem is what is the best way to fix the drain pipe from the toilet and also the best way to deal with the shower overflow pipe.?

Or if you see anything in the pics that might help or need more pics I can provide. thanks.

repair 3.jpg

repair pic 1.jpg

waste pipe repair 1.jpg

concrete pile (2).jpg

coming along slowly , mainly due to work but i did run into another problem.

can anybody advise me on how to connect this. left bottom from p-trap from tub waste line. upper is vent line from main stack.

water pipe fit test 002.jpg

water pipe fit test 003.jpg

Last edited:
a update for yall
due to my moms health i had to shut down this project for a bit.

but i did manage to find a solution. Looking back at the lead pipe pic it dawned on me the I had to semi recreate what was taken out. I cut 2 holes in the side of the pvc lead pipe, making sure that the holes where the feeder pipes come in were nice and snug. Hope the the pvc glue and plumbers silicone will prevent leaks. We shall find out soon.

planes and toilet repar 063.jpg

planes and toilet repar 043.jpg

First, it wouldn't pass any code. Second there is a very good chance it will leak and 3rd better have a plunger handy as it will definitely cause many stoppages. Other then that your good to go :rolleyes:
i know it wont pass code, it was illegal the way it was before, i knew that beforehand, this is just a temp solution until i get the money to fix it right

Last edited:
Back