Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > General Plumbing Help > Sump Pump Discharge to Drywell?

Old 01-10-2017, 02:53 PM   #11
mdog78

The sump pump or drain discharge shall preferably be directed into an existing Township storm sewer system. If the storm sewer system is not available, then the discharge shall be directed onto a surface as grass, rock or a splash pad so that the discharge will be dissipated and not immediately drain to the Township right-of-way or adjacent properties. If the pump discharge is not directed into an existing storm sewer system, then the discharge must be a minimum of ten (10') feet from, and not directed perpendicular to, any private property line. The discharge location shall be as approved by the Township Engineer, or his designee. The discharge may also be directed to a swale, ditch, drywell, detention basin, drainage basin or other drainage facility or location as approved by the Township Engineer, or his designee.

b. The discharge location shall not create a public nuisance which is any thing, condition, or act which is or may become injurious or hazardous to the public or adjacent property.

c. The discharge shall not create a build-up of icing, standing water or algae growth on the street, sidewalk or the public right-of-way.

d. No person shall connect or cause or permit to be connected any sump pump, pipe drain, floor drain, surface drain, subsoil drain or leader pipe with the house to the sanitary sewer, or use the sanitary sewer connection or any pipe or drain connected therewith for the purpose of receiving and discharging drainage of any kind other than plumbing fixtures.

e. Sump pump and pipe drain discharges may not be directed into a Township street or right-of-way unless permission is granted by the Township Engineer, or his designee.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:19 PM   #12
Solid
Established Member

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Hang in there, MDOG78, FRODO will fix this!

I just called the city, because I can't find info like you just posted on the internet. The only person I would think I could talk to about it (plumbing inspector) is out sick, so he's going to call me back. I have a feeling it will be pretty much the same.

If nothing works out with a dry well, I'm going to burn the house down.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:51 PM   #13
Solid
Established Member

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I don't mean to hijack mdog78's thread, but I just got off the phone with the city. They offered zero help, and the plumbing inspector said that he has nothing to do with ground water - only waste water. I can't hookup to the storm water drains, and you can't pump into the sewer. I think my only option is a drywell, and nobody cares how you do that here apparently! Very frustrating to say the least.

Please help us before our houses flood!

Old 05-15-2017, 03:28 PM   #14
mdog78

Haven't seen much reply on this one in a while. As a new fun twist our town is going to smoke test the sewer lines so think I'll be making changes sooner rather than later (unless my check valves, with potentially some water in the pipe, provides me some protection here).

Old 05-16-2017, 07:58 PM   #15
frodo
Just call me Macgyver

Liked 1764 Times on 1503 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Mdog

double combo.jpg  

My advice is free, If I have helped you and you wish to help the site out with a gift
use this link
http://www.plumbingforums.com/forum/...faq=supporting