Hard object stuck in the garbage disposal

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmesri

Reaction score
Something hard object stuck in the disposal. I used wrench in the bottom hole. I turned couple of rounds easily. then I switched on motor, I heard a noise like object stuck inside. I tried wrench again but this time wrench moving at all.

From top blades are moving freely. Now wrench is not turning and motor not working. Is better to hire plumber or get new one?

Welcome to my world. Turned on the disposal tonight and the motor spins but the blades are stationary. Time to buy a new one.

Something hard object stuck in the disposal. I used wrench in the bottom hole. I turned couple of rounds easily. then I switched on motor, I heard a noise like object stuck inside. I tried wrench again but this time wrench moving at all.

From top blades are moving freely. Now wrench is not turning and motor not working. Is better to hire plumber or get new one?

if the wrench is turning it but does not power up or hum when you turn on switch look for a small power reset button on the bottom.
When the disposal gets jammed the motor will trip a built in overload switch.
try that before you replace it.

Back