What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not being able to drive sucks. I mean, I CAN drive, but due to my surgery I am currently uninsured if I get into an accident. So yesterday my fiancé, mother and brother all asked me if I wanted to "go for a drive in the car".......what am I now, a dog?!

Just happy that the World Hockey Championships are held over seas this year, so all the games start at like 9am and run all day. Currently watching USA vs Swizerland.

I am going to occupy myself with some real work here in the coming days though. I'm going to install a permanent sump pump at my parents place, currently they have to run flex hose out a window whenever it rains. And pretty soon my uncle is buying a mobile home that needs a well pump, drainage plumbed and pressure tank. I can't wait!

I've basically had none. Only slight discomfort around my insicions because of bruising. Other than that, the hip itself feels better than it has in a long long time.

I had my post operation appointment a few days ago. They were amazed how mobile I was. I basically have full range of motion front to back, it's still too early to test side to side, still need to let the repaired carteledge heal.

If I had it my way I'd be back to work. At least 5 more weeks to go :(

Frodo, that sounds like fun!
I've found that overseas, the locals LOVE to watch foreigners. The were always tickled in Singapore when we went to the fruit stands and ate the durian (most tourists wouldn't touch that stuff). We found that using the seed to it like soap helped get the smell off of our hands.
Speaking of Chinese food, this is what I get at the local place:
11113848_10153079551765168_388908472228737948_n.jpg

Matt, I'm glad you're not experiencing pain, and I hope your hip heals up quickly so you can get out and about more.

Yesterday, I went with my friend to see the remains of his truck.
11264895_10153079560430168_7636103360090026444_n.jpg

11264895_10153079560440168_972554189098443148_n.jpg

10411915_10153079558095168_98985235405847106_n.jpg

10411915_10153079558115168_591175321439965338_n.jpg

Unfortunately, they couldn't determine if the wheel coming off happened during the accident or was the cause. He did find his missing tablet and a few other things, but there isn't much that can be salvaged. He's not cleared to work yet, his girlfriend just quit her job, and he's got tons of medical bills piling up now. I think he may need to start a gofundme page.

Today I think I'm going to stay home but try to get some exercise in small bursts-- although I might need to run to the store to get more bread, dog food, and mayo.

Nice win Chris.

I replaced 60' of baseboard, ripped out the master bath vanity and replaced it with a new offset 48" wide vanity, replaced the faucet, new plumbing, and added two new hanging chandeliers. Not a bad day but I'm so exhausted and my old bones are sore.

Nice win Chris.

I replaced 60' of baseboard, ripped out the master bath vanity and replaced it with a new offset 48" wide vanity, replaced the faucet, new plumbing, and added two new hanging chandeliers. Not a bad day but I'm so exhausted and my old bones are sore.

Will there be pictures of any of this on the house repair forum? I'd love to see the progress-- but I know taking pics is probably the last thing on your mind.

Hope you get some good rest. You deserve it after all of that work.

I need to get off my ass and do some exercise tomorrow to make up for my slumber today.

Will there be pictures of any of this on the house repair forum? I'd love to see the progress-- but I know taking pics is probably the last thing on your mind.

Hope you get some good rest. You deserve it after all of that work.

I need to get off my ass and do some exercise tomorrow to make up for my slumber today.

ask your dr to prescribe it will help with sleepyness

Provigil

Pronunciation

Generic Name: modafinil (moe DAF i nil)
Brand Names: Provigil

Yeah, I am going 100 mph and seem to always forget to take before and after pics. Here are a few of the old/new hanging fixture in the dining room with the before and after pics of the fireplace. These folks were Middle Eastern and it was just a tad too much like the Taj Mahal for my tastes. The curtin fabric must have cost $$, but I ripped it all out and are replacing with wood shutters. I also have a pic of the kitchen where you could see the outline of where a cabinet had been. It is much more open right now. Were subbing out the painting and drywall repair, which will start tomorrow, and the electrician will be here for another week trying to find out why the idiot previous owners did what they did.

20150514_112631_resized.jpg

20150424_103441_resized.jpg

20150517_073019_resized.jpg

Thanks, but we have barely begun the transition. If we weren't flying to Alaska for our cruise next week, we could really dig into what needs to be done. As a result, we are just getting as much done as we can until we return home.

Havasu, It looks like a pretty kitchen. I like the wood molding on the ceiling. I actually like some middle eastern style sometimes-- don't know how I'd feel about it in my own home though. I think that chandelier is pretty, but a bit much.

Thanks for the tip on the meds, Frodo. If increasing my activity and trying to work on my stamina a bit more doesn't work, I will ask my doctor about that.

Today I got up early and started picking up trash in the hallway and kitchen. My brother hasn't taken the trash out and one of the cans got knocked over and the dog started dragging stuff he liked the smell of into the hallway so he could chew on it. There's still a lot more to clean up, but I got the walkway cleared. I fed the cats and played revolving door game of trying to remove cats from the living room while more cats ran in each time I put one out. One of my cats was being a douche and knocking things down, but he licked my face when I picked him up so he was forgiven. Ran back and forth to the fridge bringing mom stuff so she could make a sandwich for herself. Right now my arrhythmia is acting up so I'm trying to relax.

I've been looking up building and plumbing code stuff again for fun. I think I have a better understanding of fittings, but I still need to learn more about cleanouts and the proper placement for them.

I do have a code-related question that I figured I'd ask here-- although I can make a separate thread: If something was in an earlier version of the code but is not shown in later editions of the code, does that mean it has been eliminated?

Specifically in the 2006 version of IRC R 307.1 it says that fixtures are to be set up as shown in figure 307.1.
http://publicecodes.cyberregs.com/icod/irc/2006f2/icod_irc_2006f2_3_sec007.htm?bu2=undefined
ICODA2010070611090729592.jpg

As you can see, it shows that the lavatories require 4" of space in between. But in the 2009 and 2012 versions, the part about the lavatories is no longer present.
(2012 version for reference: http://publicecodes.cyberregs.com/icod/irc/2012/icod_irc_2012_3_sec007.htm)
ICODA2011080515172847485.jpg

I looked under the section called Lavatories in a different chapter and it didn't say anything about placement in relation to walls or other fixtures.

Additionally, are Euro-style vanities considered to be freestanding lavatories for code purposes?

Edit: I got bored and finally managed to get the right search terms to come up with proposed revisions to the code for 2007/2008 and one of the suggestions was the removal of the 4" rule because it was not practical and was not supported anywhere in the text. So, I guess I answered my own question there. LOL. I updated a thread I forgot I had posted about it to show my findings in case someone comes looking for that info.

Last edited:
Crazy things happen when I get bored....and boy...have I been bored lately.

So today we put an offer in on a house. Find out tomorrow if they accept!

Good luck! I hope you get it for a good price.

Good luck Matt!

Today I realized people don't care about anything but gossip. Was watching the news and bill Cosby supposedly raped like fifty people and no one gives a crap.

fingers crossed for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cosby aint nothing but a old ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,who needs his............................cut off..............................................................................

Back