New outdoor faucets

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpearlberg

Reaction score
We currently only have one hose faucet, and it's in the front. I want that one replaced and 2-3 new ones added. I had someone out yesterday and he quoted $600 to replace the one we have and then add three more (one on each side of the house). Is this reasonably priced? If not, what should it cost?

I live in CT if that makes a difference.

If you want opinions, you will need to be a bit more detailed on what he quoted you on. Are they trenching? Is it copper lines? is it galvanized? Is this a 400 square foot home, or is it a 10 room mansion? Are they tapping into existing lines? How far is the run? Are they cutting through stucco, or drilling through wood?

If you want opinions, you will need to be a bit more detailed on what he quoted you on. Are they trenching? Is it copper lines? is it galvanized? Is this a 400 square foot home, or is it a 10 room mansion? Are they tapping into existing lines? How far is the run? Are they cutting through stucco, or drilling through wood?

Sorry, here's some more info. No trenching, 1800 sq ft 2 story house with unfinished basement. He has access to the one faucet from the basement. He'll tap into existing lines and add pipe and go through wall to get outside. It's probably 50' total to get to the furthest new outlet. He can drill through wood to get outside.

Thanks

To me, the price seems pretty reasonable.

I would caution you to ALWAYS receive at least three written estimates, and make sure the company you use has insurance, especially worker's comp. insurance, and is licensed in your area. Many thieves will quote you a price, ask for at least 50% of the money up front, and are never seen again.

To me, the price seems pretty reasonable.

I would caution you to ALWAYS receive at least three written estimates, and make sure the company you use has insurance, especially worker's comp. insurance, and is licensed in your area. Many thieves will quote you a price, ask for at least 50% of the money up front, and are never seen again.

Thanks. This is a friend of a friend who is licensed, insured, etc. I'd like to give him the work, but not sure if his prices are ok. I honestly have no idea what this should cost.

The faucets are about $50 each, so that's $200. Then the pipes/fittings/etc are probably another $100 or so. So $300 is materials and $300 for labor (which at 6-8 hours is only $40-$50 per hour which seems good for a plumber!).

I normally don't like to comment on estimated costs because I haven't seen the job. But that price seems fair, as long as there are no unforeseen issues

I normally don't like to comment on estimated costs because I haven't seen the job. But that price seems fair, as long as there are no unforeseen issues

Thanks. At this point we're going to go with this guy because my wife is friends with his wife and she wants to give him a chance...
Hopefully it all works out.

Latest posts

Back