Removing old kitchen faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qjam

Reaction score
I'm trying to replace an old leaky kitchen faucet, and have run into an issue removing it.

It is the 3 hole faucet, and seems to be held just in the center. The center has a U shaped fixture, with no screws I can see or unscrew. The pull out line seems to feed out of it..

Any suggestions?

IMG_20150507_8786_zpsryybsoge.jpg

Thanks in advance!

QJ

Last edited:
Push the white clips out from the back side, that will release the hose so you can pull it out of the faucet. There will be a single jut at the base of the sink to unthread then the faucet can be removed.

Also, be sure to use proper supply likes on the new faucet, that appears to be a toilet supply

Havasu, will try that tomorrow..

Matt - are you talking about the same nut or a different one? Can't see anything else in that hole except the line going in and out..two copper and one flexpipe..

QJ

If you can't unscrew it use a 1/4" drill bit and drill in to the nut to split it. Wear eye protection.

IMG_20150507_8786_zpsryybsoge.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, thank you all, that sounds very doable.. Will attempt tomorrow and let you know

Much appreciated!

QJ

Folks,

Success!

I unplugged the hose using the white clips, which helpfully turned around so I could see what I was doing. Then I noticed that it would be difficult to use a monkey wrench to get to that bolt off. I rummaged through my relatively unused tool set to come up with one long socket and an extension bar. Thinking that I would need to make a trip to the local store, I was shocked to see everything fit! The bolt also came off with little effort, and I had the whole thing out of there in no time..

After a couple of tentative attempts to put the new faucet in, I managed to get everything in place and now have a fully functional kitchen sink and more importantly, a happy wife!!

A big thank you to Havasu, Matt, frodo & Mr_David for your clear instructions and encouragement. You guys rock!!

QJ

Thanks for following up with us. Come back and visit us, or if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

None since this morning. Knock on wood, haven't needed it.
I'm just not working for the next 6 weeks and need the money!

None since this morning. Knock on wood, haven't needed it.
I'm just not working for the next 6 weeks and need the money!

YARD SALE

Time to get rid of those baskets you been hoarding.

yard sale1.jpg

another yard sale.jpg

yard sale.jpg

Latest posts

Back