Help remove old faucet handles

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kern

Reaction score
I need to remove my bathtub faucet handles in order to repair a leaky faucet. The cross handles are from the late 1930's and are likely American Standard. They do not have a set screw or a button cover on the front, just solid metal. Behind the handle is a nut, but it appears to be connected to the handle as one piece. Please see pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

faucet front.jpg

faucet side.jpg

Thanks for the info. I was able to get the handle off! Unfortunately I broke the end of the stem in the process. Now I need to purchase a replacement stem, but I haven't had any luck finding a stem with a THREADED end instead of a splined end. Both the handle and nut thread onto the end of this stem. Has anyone seen this before, or know the manufacturer? Thanks for any insights on this one.

Some of the experts here can easily identify a stem, provided you take a few pictures of it. Please post up a few pics and see if they can help you.

Latest posts

Back