Reconnecting plumbing undersink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumnubee

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Was hoping someone can help me get started. I got new counter tops installed and now I need to get my plumbing re-connected. The installer said a plumber can charge a few hundred for this. Do I really have to hire someone for this?

Can someone explain what tools and other items I may need to get this done? I have to re-connect my garbage disposal, all the piping and my faucet to the water lines & on top of the granite. FYI, my sink is under mount if that matters.

Thank you all for your help.

Is the granite pre-drilled? Is the sink mounted yet? If not, I would pay the money and have it done correctly. There is no "oops" allowed when drilling into granite.

If the holes are already drilled and the sink is installed, it wouldn't be too big of a problem just to connect the hot and cold water lines, the disposal, and the drain lines, provided you have done some plumbing work in the past.

Havasu, Thanks for the reply. Yes, the granite is already been drilled and the sink installed. It's just a matter of re-connecting the plumbing again. Any idea what tools and sealants I should be using? Thanks again!!

Well, obvously you will need some plumber's putty to set the drains. You will need some stainless flexible water supply lines, and depending on whether your drain lines are glued in or not, some glue or possibly hand tightening threaded connections. If possible, take a few pictures of what you have, what you need, and some shots of under the sink and someone here can walk you thru the entire process.

I would have to agree with your "Installer". If your wondering what tools are required, it may be better to just call a plumber and have it done right the first time. If you think about the time you will spend trying to find out how to do it, what tools to use, fixing the mistakes you will make and some possible damage, will you end up paying less than if you called a plumber in the first place?

I always have to look at things that require my personal time in a matter of what is my personal time worth?

Here are a few pictures of what I have. The one thing you don't see are the water lines connected to the faucet. But they are there. If you can see my gallery, you can find the pictures there too. Thanks again.

All Aces: You're probably right about hiring someone, but I wanted to at least attempt it myself once. Thanks....

Photo0344.jpg

Photo0345.jpg

Photo0346.jpg

Photo0347.jpg

Nice s trap made there I'd cut that tee out put a whe in there and studer vent gotta have a vent and I would try and have two traps one for disposal and one for other part of sink

Latest posts

Back