General Questions

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YogiBeara

Reaction score
I have a few hundred acres in the middle of no where I recently inherited. I was looking at putting a manufactured home on it. Is the plumbing and everything the same? Is there anything I need to consider? I would be using this off grid as not even the electric company will run lines out to me let alone the non existent city a couple of dozen miles away.

On your lot improvements, do not let the people selling you the home hire the well driller and septic contractor.

Do your own research and hiring.

In cahoots are they?

You will just end up paying top dollar for the same work. Do what Driller says and hire them yourself and make sure you get a couple of quote and check their exclusions and fully talk over what is going to be done before it starts.

Most manufactured/moblile homes have one connection for connecting the water supply. Depending on the age of the home, you will find mostly flexible piping. Most are built fast and cheap. Guessing you will be powering the home (well and electrical system) with generators. Check with the County Code office before doing anything. Most septics systems require a percolation test by them. Any time you allow the seller of a home to hire the sub-contractors, it is costing you money since they get a kick-back.

Latest posts

Back