clogging main pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob

Reaction score
I have a repeated clogging issue in the main sewer line it is easy enough to clear but I would like to prevent it from happening as much as possible I have been told that the brand of paper we use is part of the problem is this possible? if so what brands are good bad or otherwise thanks for your input -Bob

this is not the case - toilet paper is toilet paper, a properly working sewer line should be able to facilitate kitchen roll or babywipies! the problems like this occur when there is a design fault (gradient) or breakages, roots, a dip or sag etc in the line. These problems cause the water to leave the solids and cause this.

Maybe rent a cheap camera to see what your working with? then at least you know

Last edited by a moderator:
HELLO I WORKED ON SOME JOB LIKE YOUR THAY PUT IN NEW LOW FLOW TOILET AND USED THICK PAPPER AND NOW THAY USE THIN PAPPER AND HOLD TOILET LEVER DOWN FOR MORE WATER FLOW AND PUT BABYWIPIES IN TRASH THAT WILL PLUG IT UP BUT IF YOU HAVE ROOT OR BAD SLOP DIFRANT STORY FROM jeff

Latest posts

Back