Shower Doesn't Get Hot Enough

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpasteris

Reaction score
I live in an apartment, so I should probably get the landlord to figure this out, but I kind of like tinkering around with things so I figured I'd see if I could figure it out.

I've done a little research and I'm thinking the problem is probably with a limit stop that is controlling the temperature of the water that comes out of the shower faucet. The bathroom sink puts out water that is much hotter.

This is a single-handle Kohler valve. I took it apart to see what I could find. It isn't obvious to me if there is a hot limit stop that I can adjust. Can someone help me out? Here's a picture:

https://picasaweb.google.com/joe.pasteris/Shower?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKTzgcuR-bniAg&feat=directlink

I think your problem may just be mineral build up or other obstructions in the shower pipes. The fact that the sink temperature is not affected makes me dismiss the idea that there is a temperature limit stop. Talk to your landlord, but I think cleaning the shower pipes could fix the issue.

are you a bot littlesamara? cause i have yet to see you post advice that wasnt to replace something... very odd.

to the Op's post. your link did not work but usually the limit is a disc that can be romoved and re-set in a different position or a allen screw.. on some models such as hansgrohe it is a little more complicated and as far a kohler Rough in valves go I;ve not much ( any tbh ) experience with. others on here may be able to assist you better, I will stay posted on this thread and Report what I can after some research.

has it Always been like this? some landlords will set the shower limit lower to save on heating the water costs. and do be carefull, if you tinker wrong and open the cartridge it could be a real mess of water.

:)

Latest posts

Back