possible venting issue. SO STINKY

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siberianmum239

Reaction score
So, we've been having a smelly issue for over a month now and have tried a few things to get rid of it, but have yet to fix it. Our basement toilet is bubbling up septic gasses when ever water goes down any other drain. That same toilet barely flushes. All other drains are draining fairly well. So far we have checked the main vent and it seems to be clear(shoved a snake don it from the roof). We also pulled that toilet off and snaked that drain and it is clear too. I'm not sure what we should check next, but have to get it fixed before I die from the stench. We do have a septic tank if that makes a difference. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

our septic was pumped a year ago and there are only 2 of us in the house, the last people who lived here went 2 years with 4 in the house. Im not sure what kind of snake we used but it was a round cable type thing with a spring looking thing on the end that you turn to catch the clog

When was the last time you had the septic pumped?

This could be the issue. I had this same trouble in a brand new house was in it for less than 2 years and I had the guy who installed the plumbing system come out and after a while he concluded the tank was full which it was.

Back