Plumbing wet bar sink in basement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jong

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm finishing my basement and plumbing a wet bar sink for a bar area. I wasn't sure if it was necessary to plumb the rough in to the main vent stack or if that had already been accomplished when the original builder roughed in for a bathroom. There are several rough ins but I'm not sure which is which, and I only plan on using the sink rough in. Could someone please tell me what each of these stacks is for, and how I should plumb the sink? I've included a few pictures of the basement and a picture of how I was hoping to plumb the drain and vent. I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming and I'm pretty sure AAV's (the black thing in the plumbing diagram) are allowed since my upstairs kitchen sink uses one. Also, any particular codes I should be aware of (distances, lengths, type of fittings, etc?) Input appreciated. Thanks!

Jon

roughin.jpg

stacks.jpg

plumbing.jpg

A = shower? or tub?. B = toilet. C = sink. Yes, that's a main stack. Use C for bar sink with an AAV. Get a real AAV, not the spring-loaded cheapies. The Oatey II is a good one.

Right on...thanks for the reply. That's pretty much where I was heading so I'm glad you agree. I guess that second stack is just an auxiliary.

The second stack could be to a kitchen sink or other first floor fixture. It may also be a relief vent with a clean out on the base if you have a floor drain nearby.

Ya i took a closer look and it seems like the main stack goes to the main floor half bath and the aux stack goes to the kitchen.

Latest posts

Back