Dripping shower head

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky22

Reaction score
Hi

I just bought a new shower valve at Menards (Tuscany) I believe. I installed it and everything is fine with no leaks. When I turn on the tub with-out pulling up the diverter water also comes out of the shower head. Yes the valve body was installed going in the right direction according to the arrow and the word "up" on the back. Thank you

Rocky22

Hi

I just bought a new shower valve at Menards (Tuscany) I believe. I installed it and everything is fine with no leaks. When I turn on the tub with-out pulling up the diverter water also comes out of the shower head. Yes the valve body was installed going in the right direction according to the arrow and the word "up" on the back. Thank you

Rocky22

You answered my question before I even had the chance to ask it!

I have seen the problem before, but it has always been an upside down valve that was causing it. Hope that someone else chimes in with the fix, as I am curious what it is.

Doesn't the diverter have an adjustment?

Are you talking about the diverter that you pull up on the fill spout? If so it may have an adjustment but that wouldn't explain why when you turn the water on to fill the tub water also comes out of the shower head

Rocky22

If it is new and it has been installed correctly, I would suggest you get hold of the manufacturer/ agent and explain the problem to them.

Latest posts

Back