asko D3530 install problem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrick11

Reaction score
I am installing an ASKO 3530 dishwasher but I have run into a frustrating problem. The water-in line appears to be a 3/8 pex-type hose - but in fact, it's diameter is slightly larger (maybe 1 or 2 mm) - and so I cannot put on a pressure fitting 3/8inOD as would seem appropriate. What can I do ? I cut a piece of the hose and brought it to 3 local plumbing shops but did not get a solution. They thought it might be a metric vs. imperial problem, (I am in Canada) but I called Asko and they assured me that this model (its from a few years ago) should have a 3/8 water-in hose coming out the back - but IT DOED NOT - it has a slightly larger diameter hose !! I suppose I can try replace the hose completely but it seems to be imbedded quite deep in the bowels of the machine. Any help here would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Plumbing Forums Patrick. I Googled this particular dishwasher and within 10 seconds, I was able to download the entire 40 page installation manual on a PDF format. On one of the pages it is written:

Connection to water supply
There must be a shut-off tap on the water
supply pipe. The shut-off tap should be
positioned above the work surface or at
the front of the sink unit.
The water supply pipe has a connection
with a 1/2” or 3/4” internal thread depending
on country.
When the installation is complete, the
shut-off tap should be opened to allow the
pressure to settle for a while and to check
that all connections are tight.

I'm wondering if you are trying to connect the incorrect hose?

Here is the link:

kitchen.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/asko/d3530.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back