Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > General Plumbing Help > Shut off valve

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:34 AM   #11
Beni

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bggas400 View Post
Not sure what a tempering valve is. The black pipe going across the top is the cold water I believe. the other one coming down states 'hot pottable'. so if I shut off those two, I should be all set. Yes?

Barry
Yes!. The cold water continues down to the yellow handle ball valve. The silver device to the lower right of the yellow valve with three copper pipes connected to it is the tempering valve that your hot potable connects too. Hard to say but that cold water valves only look like it shuts off the cold water to the boiler / hot side of the system. But hard to see with only photo's

Make sure the boilers/ heaters are off before draining water from them. Same goes in reverse, when filling make sure the boilers/ heaters are filled completely before turning the boilers on.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
sewergas

Likes Given: 3

Damn, looks like the reactor compartment on my " boat" (ship) USS Francis Scott Key SSBN 657..................!!!!!! don't touch ANYTHING or you'll blow up the "boat".........................ps yes subs are called boats and not ships like the surface guys say!

Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #13
bggas400

Ha... yeah but It's a nice setup. You shoulda seen the old one. Got two zones, new Buderus oil fired boiler, new tankless water heater, new oil feed from the tank and mostly all new pipes and a logamatic control.