Weird toilet flushing problem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helloguys

Reaction score
I have a two-story house which is about 15 years old. Two toilets upstairs and two toilets downstairs. All with the same model toilet bowl and tank.

One of the downstairs toilets doesn't flush very well. But the symptom puzzles me.

When I flush the toilet, the water goes down a little bit slower comparing with other toilets in the house. Thus it didn't create "suction" strong enough.

I thought it might be clogged. I used a plunger to plunge it. After plunging, it flushed pretty well (as well as other toilets). Then I left the toilet unused for an hour and flush it again (just for testing purpose, there's no paper or waste in the toilet bowl). It seemed that the flushing back to "not-so-good" state.

Maybe it's just red herring. But what is the best way to isolate the problem?

Thanks!

There's something lodged in the ballcock of the toilet when you plunged it moved it out of the way and after the water stopped it came to rest back in same spot see if you can use alot of paper and if it gets clogged there's something in toilet, like a toy or marker or phone or whatever

There's something lodged in the ballcock of the toilet when you plunged it moved it out of the way and after the water stopped it came to rest back in same spot see if you can use alot of paper and if it gets clogged there's something in toilet, like a toy or marker or phone or whatever

A ballcock is another name for the fill valve which is in the toilet tank not the bowl.

Back