Shower fixture

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glendot

Reaction score
I am installing a new fixture in the shower. For the shower head there is a piece of chromed, bent pipe threaded on both ends. One end attaches to the shower head, the other end to the flex line coming up from the faucet assembly. There is no apparent way to secure the shower head pipe to the shower wall. How is this done?

Glenn

Normally there is a fitting inside the wall that the shower arm ( bent chrome pipe) screws into.

What do you mean by new fixture.
A complete valve assembly. Is the wall finished or just open studs
What was there before?

Post a picture.

I took out the old,two faucet fixture and installed a new one faucet fixture. Used flex hoses and plunge (Shark) fittings where needed. I used to always do sweated fittings but the new stuff is so much easier. The back side of the shower stall is open with studs available to connect to. Not sure what a wingell is but will look it up. Also will stop at the hardware store today and see what they suggest. Thanks for the replies.

Glenn

Not sure what a wingell is but will look it up.

Should look something like this-

Z2Bstwfo5oy.JPG
u334lf-4.jpg

Thanks guys. I solved the problem. Used a nipple with a shoulder in the center (for wrench). Took a piece of 3/4 inch PVC, cut it into an octagon (for appearance) and drilled a 15/16 inch hole. The shoulder on the nipple butts up against the PVC while the rest of the nipple goes through the hole. The other side is secured by the fitting on the flex hose. Works fine.

IMG_0037.jpg

I"m working with a 3/8 inch cement board.I am 6'5" and the shower head is not too high. It just looks high because the ceiling is low. This is at my camp so i am not too fussy about looks, just want it not to leak.

Back