noob wants to check with experts about diverter valve usage

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spudslayer

Reaction score
I'm planning a major re-plumbing of my water well tank system and I would like to install a valve that will allow me to choose the source of the water that is directed to the hose bibs on the outside of my home. As my system is currently configured, the water that is sourced to the outside hose bibs is water that is pulled directly from my well pump that is contaminated with small amounts of sand and other particulates pulled up from ground water. I would like the ability to choose if I want to direct water that has been filtered by my whole house 5-50 micron filter to the outside hose bibs and the most efficient and foolproof way to do this seems to be using a 3 way diverter valve. However, I would need to use this valve in a reverse configuration because I will be using 2 inputs (filtered and un-filtered) and funneling them to one output which is the water line leading to the outside hose bibs. I would like to install a tee connector immediately before and after the whole house filter and these lines will feed the inputs on the reverse configured 3 way diverter valve. Will this configuration work?

Latest posts

Back