How to re-glue the pipe joint?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

compiler

Reaction score
I have ever had the pipe T-joint glued but recently found the joint is still leaking. It is in attic. That vent is to the roof. There is moisture in the pipe. Apparently it is due to the poor setting and glue. I try to do it by myself this time. I think I have to cut the pipe and then re-glue it, right? Where should I cut and how to remove the glued parts? Can you provide me with the instructions? Click the picture here. Thank you.

Last edited:
That appears to be a vent. Why is there water in the pipe to leak out in the first place?
That vent/pipe goes to the roof. There is moisture in the pipe. So it leaks from the poor glued pipe joint.

Regardless of condensation or moisture, the pipe joint has leaks. Does anyone know how to re-glue that pipe joint?

Use a hacksaw to cut the pipe on all three sides of the tee. Use three couplings and a new tee, and re assemble. If you can't get back and forth movement out of the run, you might need a no hub coupling to make the last connection.

Reactions: SHR
Thanks for the instructions. By the way, since it is the condensation leak, is it possible to use some glue or special sealer to seal the pipe joint to resolve the pipe joint slow leaking problem?

Last edited:
Nothing that will be a sure thing fix, and for the price and time involved with fixing it right being rather small, it isn't worth trying to put a bandaid on it.

Latest posts

Back