What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't checked it since we got here. They said eyes, ears and throat look ok, just took a urine sample. You ever given a catheter to a one year old?

I once had to hold down my 2 year old son and shove tubing down his throat so they could pump his stomach after eating a bottle full of baby aspirin with cold medicine. Fortunately kids are resilient.

I wish I was, always seems bill come out of nowhere when you are making money.

As for the baby we got discharged with the "it must be a virus" diagnosis. Go see your regular doctor and keep doing what your doing.

Well, at least everyone is home. Good luck, get some rest, since you need to go to work to pay that bill!

At this point I am disneyed out.

I did just check my lotto tickets to find out I am in deed not a millionaire.

I took the day off today. We'll see how much Disney I can handle.

Good luck! Robin Hood the cartoon is on Netflix. I've been whistling the song for days now.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcGU8OUXCDE[/ame]

Didn't miss much, just something I found at the learning store that seemed racist for this day and age.

Had my 2nd full day of OTJ training today at my new job.. took the initiative to take the controls so-to-speak of the machine I'm learning to run, seemed to have impressed the guy training me, hopefully that's the case and he didn't think I was just trying to rush into getting qualified on it. I've also found out that there is a LOT more to the this specific job than what I had originally thought, which IMO is a good thing. For one, I love to learn, and the more I can learn, the more I'm able to be called upon for overtime (which I love!) and for two, the more involved a job is, the more security there is as they can't hire just anyone to come in and do it.

Also, pretty cool little fact.. I found out the other day that the guy who is training me, worked with my old man at the same mill that I just left to start with my new company. Makes it pretty nice cause he's being a lot more talkative and open about teaching me the job than what I think would be normal since he knows how good of a worker my dad is, and he's learning how hard of a worker I am and that I actually WANT to learn and not just trying to make a paycheck.

Anyhow, sorry for rambling about all this, but I'm the type that takes a lot of pride in the work I do.

I'm not easily offended. Wish I'd seen what it was.
Btw, did anyone else notice the forum was down earlier today?

I was going to post about my total fail on the self-leveling flooring. Oh, and my mother said I did a terrible job of cleaning the toilet. My brother was all "WTF? It's sparkling and spotless!" but apparently my mother saw the stains from the hard water that are etched in and won't come out.

Anyhoo, my friend and I poured the self-leveling flooring last night and it did not go well. I knew there was trouble as soon as I saw some lumps in the powder. I wanted to break them up before mixing but my friend started adding the liquid (I used the additive because I was worried the sediment in my water might throw off the mix somehow). It never got very smooth and it didn't get thin enough. I wanted to add more water but my friend said it was too late so he started pouring. I got the trowel and started trying to spread it. I tried to get all of it out of the bucket but when I got near it there were some fumes that made me choke. Got as much out as I could and tried to spread it. It didn't even budge in terms of trying to level itself. I tried to smooth it as much as possible. My friend had to leave the room because the smell of the mix bothered him too much. Other than when my face was in the bucket, I didn't even notice it. His wife was texting him every 2 minutes wanting to know what he was doing and what kind of floor had to be poured and then she said she was lonely and wanted him to come home and eat with her.

So I had to take him back home and then his wife wanted a lift to McDonalds and then she wanted to go to Subway and then Popeyes and Walmart. She brought her 4-year-old so it took even longer bc the little brat kept having to go pee and then wanted stuff (even though he'd misbehaved at school and in the car-- she decided to get him stuff rather than tell him "no" because he wasn't behaving). He misbehaved on the way home.
By the time I got back home to look at the floor it was dark and the light I put in there wasn't very good (the bathroom light does not work). Anyway, when it dried, the wetter smoother parts sort of went down and the parts that had clumped were sticking up.
I didn't get to it in time to smooth it out better. Also, I didn't get enough of it to come out to cover the entire area.
Now, I did get it to smooth the edge where one floor panel was taller than the other, but now its even more messed up where the toilet has to go-- oh, and its not even level.

And my toilet flange looks bent. My friend tried to screw it down and I think it bent bc we had shimmed in certain spots to try to level it.

I couldn't find any of the self-leveling stuff that cures quickly enough to allow me to install the toilet tonight (and I encountered an extremely rude clerk at one of the local hardware stores).

So, now I'm debating whether to go get some fresh self-leveling stuff from the store, mix it up, and try again, or getting some kind of sander. I tried a sander attachment on my new black and decker Matrix but it keeps shutting off even when its not touching anything and the battery claims to be fully charged. I don't know if the Matrix is bad or if its the attachment or what the problem is.

My friend was supposed to come back today to help but the person who was going to babysit got called in to work so he's stuck at home.

I'm rather frustrated.. I wish I'd realized that the bag inside the box was not actually sealed up bc I think the moisture got into it since I live in a very damp area.

SLC must be mixed exactly, and no additives should be used, only what came in the package. You should also invest in a paddle mixer attachment for your drill (about $5) and not pour it until it all has a creamy texture.

Also, do not sand what is already poured. The dust is dangerous to breath. If necessary, bust out the old stuff and pour a new batch.

Regarding the toilet stains, go down and purchase a pumice stone (about $5) and it will take all the hard water stains without scratching your toilet.

Latest posts

Back