Offroad toys?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I figured out a way to go doorless on my cherokee without looking like I am too poor to afford doors...

So did you get it?

No, a buddy of mine needed it more and picked it up instead. It came with chrome front and rear bumpers, so we are de-blinging it today with the stock bumpers I picked up Saturday in your neck of the woods. (Menifee)

Do you want Nice or do you want Cheap because I don't think I can get both.

BTW What are the plans for the YJ?

My son has driven the jeep exclusively since we replaced the head gasket. Still running strong! He also fixed the air conditioning (power wire pulled out of the fuse block) and extended the rear brake lines so there is no more fear of snapping the lines during extreme articulation. Me, I'm now without a jeep, but still actively looking for a replacement!

Talk about a blast from the past! Yep, I got a new (used) TJ jeep. I'm trying to leave it stock, which is killing me, but want it to keep in the mountains when I finally get a new vacation home. As far as my son and the jeep, he has been wrenching on it continually. Yesterday he replaced the coiled rigid brake line at the master cylinder, and replaced the rotten steering shaft. This AM, he finally located a family roll bar and will be installing it.

Below is a pic of my new jeep after the fluid change, new brakes all around, rear main seal replacement, transmission flush, windshield replacement, synthetic winch line, new fairlead, and three separate clay bar and wax treatments.

jeep 2.jpg

Two thing: First Havasu is there any update on the new jeep? Is it lifted and locked yet? When are we wheeling?

Second, I have finally decided on doing my V8 swap in my YJ. I will be installing a 5.9 liter Magnum from a Dodge Ram along with the auto tranny and NP 241 Tcase and Dana 60 axles front and rear. I already have all the drive train and have ordered my new motor mounts and radiator and am about to order the new lockers and slip yoke eliminator for the Tcase. I will post some pics when everything arrives. I figured after this last wheeling trip it was about time since I poked a hole in my oil pan and burned up half my clutch trying to get off some boulders that jumped under my jeep.

To give an update, with the wife moving out, it appears there will be a for sale sign on it shortly. I purchased it for the vacation home in Arrowhead, but that's not happening as well. Anybody need a jeep, harley, speed boat, pontoon, quads, GMC Jimmy, Havasu house, golf carts, etc?

I'll take a golf cart. You are gonna need the others if you know what I mean.

Yeah, when I pick up my perky, 21 year old who loves me for my svelt, washboard abs? How about a chunky old man with 1/2 my money down the drain?

All I can think of right now is Dan Ackroid on Saturday Night Live saying, "A bunch of wild and crazy guys!"

"Svelt" Haven't heard that in at least a year. Just remember they don't like you for your abs, it's your wallet they are after and if you can keep them at bay for a good period of time before letting them know they aren't getting any of it you could have a really good time.

I really don't know how that word popped up! I guess I am on auto-pilot! Yes, they say they look for the bulge in your pants, but in reality they are referring to the thickness of your wallet! lol :)

Latest posts

Back