What guns do you own?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure you send them to a hunter safety class before you set them loose.

That's a beautiful gun case, Frodo!

my dad tol me,

treat a gun as if it is loaded at all times, even when you know it is unloaded

NEVER point a gun at something unless you plan on killling it

do not shot/ fire the weapon. untill you are 100% sure of what you are fixing to kill.

a moving bush. is not 100% sure, let it walk away,, that could be your brother/neighbor

clean your gun when you come home after shooting,

never, put a dirty gun away

look thru the scope, take a breath, squeeze the trigger,

learn your rifle, a trigger, ''breaks'' when pulled. practice with your trigger..find that ''spot'' where it breaks.

when you hold a rifle. your thumb, does not wrap over the top of the tang. it lays beside the stock.

if over the tang, you will twist your wrist when the trigger is pulled, beside the stock, the gun will be steady

Nice gun case, someone sure took their time on that one.

I wish I had that much Ammo. Maybe once I have a better place to put it I will buy some.

I plan on having a nice area to reload at some point. Problem is I have too many hobbies.

462564.jpg

scan0001.jpg

buy this book, and read read read,

page out of my lyman...

reloading is time consuming to start out, learning curve
after that. i can load 200 6.5x55 bullets in 3 hours

you can just do it as needed.

most important thing, safety, read read read safety

never,use information from "bubba" always, confirm it thru your book,,always

yur book, tells you what type of powder, how much, FPS, pressures, type of primer
buy a chronograph, to work/tweak your loads with in the max/min FPS of your book
.enough preaching..sorry bout that,
it is a fun hobby

Last edited:
Bought another gun...........

Picked up a Mossberg 500 Turkey Thug. Figured it might do me well this turkey season?

54565.jpg

I thought I couldn't buy it here either but I guess I can? I did so I won't complain.

Never movin to a commie state, visitin cali is nice but ill never live there.

Coupla questions

First, anyone interested in once fired pmc/federal 5.56/2.23 brass? 5c/rd, 800+ships for 12somthin

Second, how much should I budget and what brand/model should I be lookin at to start reloading? I want to start with 5.56, probably a progressive press considering i burn through no less than 100 rds/sitting. I will start with 5.56, but eventually will need dies for .45 and 12 gauge.

Work alarm just went off, g2g

http://www.amazon.com/Lee-Precision-Breech-Lock-Challenger/dp/B003ISVWC6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442771882&sr=8-1&keywords=lee+reloading+press+kit

this kit will get you started
you will need case prep tools
and the first purchase is a BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need to join a local forum for reloaders in your area, find you a buddy or 3, someone who you can talk to, mentor with.

http://www.midwayusa.com/reloading-supplies/c?cid=9315

you will need dies, case prep, case cleaning
bullets

Last edited by a moderator:
Back