Sump pump in a Water Tote

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alsutherland

Reaction score
I am trying to use a sump pump in a 1200 litre rainwater storage "tote". I have a Red Lion Pump which is slightly too wide to pass through the opening in the top of the container. So I am thinking of using a stand-pipe affixed to the 3" inlet in the pump. ( Like a large version of a drinking straw in a glass of water). I need a 3" Interior dimension abs fitting which I can cement to the 3" ABS inlet port on the pump. Then to a threaded collar, which I can screw the sand pipe in to the fittings which are attached to the pump. Something like a double ended socket with 3"ID in ABS. I see that most of the sizing for ABS is in whole numbers for outside dimensions. What can you suggest that will be usable?

Are you saying your going to try to lift water with a sewage pump (3") in a 300 gallon tank? If it would work, that pump should empty that tank in less than two minutes. Sewage/sump pumps are not lift pumps, they are submersible pumps and will only operate that way.

Latest posts

Back