Pressure Regulating Valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes0711

Reaction score
Hey guys, this past weekend, I installed an irrigation system in our yard. I tied in to our main supply line but in the process found our water pressure to be much too high(125psi at the hose bibs) for the system and too high for the home from what Ive been able to ascertain online. I bought a Watts 3/4" pressure regulating valve and installed it on the home side of our meter and today, my wife called and said that there is now a loud vibrating noise when a shower head, faucet, etc is turned on. It was not there prior to installing this. Ive seen others who complained about this problem as well. What would you guys recommend? Also, I made no adjustments to the valve. Left it on the factory setting. Thanks so much guys and gals!

Wes

Could you have installed it backwards?

I'm not up on pressure reducing valves as much as I am on constant pressure valves which have a small bypass in them. I'm not sure a PRV can be installed backwards without stopping your water flow altogether.

Back