Drain pipe re-plumb?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo1915

Reaction score
I have a pvc, 4/4/2, "Y", with an adapter glued into the 2 side. The adapter allows for a threaded 1/2" pipe. I would like to some how, change the 1/2" opening in the adapter, to allow a 3/4" pipe to enter. The 3/4" line is for the a/c drain. I can not remove the "Y". I would like the opening in the adapter to be 3/4". I do not want to run 3/4" pipe to the 1/2" opening. Is there a way to modify this glued in adapter to get a 3/4" opening for 3/4" pipe?

Yes, it is a waste line. Is there a way to modify this glued in adapter to get a 3/4" opening for 3/4" pipe?

Yes, it is a waste line. Is there a way to modify this glued in adapter to get a 3/4" opening for 3/4" pipe?

Yes. Cut out the entire wye and replace with the correct size. Pay attention to what johnjh2o stated about the way this needs to be hooked up. It can not be hooked up how you appear to think it can.

I can not remove the "Y". Is there a way to modify this glued in adapter to get a 3/4" opening for 3/4" pipe?

I do not want to make an illegal connection. The a/c drain line is an existing drain line that has been there for 15 years. I just want to run 3/4" all the way to the "y" that now has a 1/2" adapter. Is there a way to modify this glued in adapter (described in original post) to get a 3/4" opening for 3/4" pipe?

Latest posts

Back