Who Made This Toilet?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BTJustice

Reaction score
I recently replaced all of the internals in my toilet's tank with:

400AKR Complete Toilet Tank Repair Kit - Toilet Flush Valve, Toilet Flapper, Toilet Fill Valve & Toilet Tank Lever

The fill valve made a whistling sound when the tank was filling so I contacted Fluidmaster and they replaced the fill valve with this one for free and had me send back the whistling one from the above kit:

400ARHR PerforMAX High Performance Toilet Tank Fill Valve

Anyway this was my first time doing this and I am happy with the results. Thsi old toilet has always worked well and I am glad I have it instead of a HET. Yet I have no idea who made it. When I had the tank off, I tried to find a label or stamp on who made my toilet. There is nothing I can find anywhere on it other than inside the tank.

There is a stamp that says 1 JAN 7 1986 and there is another one that says 56. In the bottom of the tank near the bolt at 4 o'clock, there is a number molded that says 589.

The tank lever is a Fluidmaster replacement (not the one from the above kit) and the seat is a Bemis Whisper Close.

I took the time to search the Internet for a few hours trying to figure out who made this and what the model is without luck other than finding this forum.

Here are some pictures:

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

Last edited:
The toilet you have is no longer made. All the new ones are 1.6 or 1.28 gallon flush.

I know that. The link I gave shows older toilets, but it doesn't show mine if it is a Kohler. I am still digging online for a picture of it.

Back