Vent/Drain help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staj

Reaction score
I'm replacing the iron drain with PVC and rearranging a few things.

Can you provide some feedback on the attached two diagrams. My concern is the long horizontal vent run and the sink drain that wraps around and enters low. How do these look? Thank you for any input, appreciated.

elevation.jpg

elevation2.jpg

Thanks John-
Interesting, I heard that once before but just happened to forget it.

What I find perplexing, however, is that if I was to move the Water Closet to the left in the diagram all the way to the stack essentially, this would take care of the "horizontal vent" problem. For that reason, I don't get it.

I'm starting to think that I need a new stack in the house. Unfortunately, if I put it right above the sewer main, the stack would come out on the roof about 3.5 feet horizontally from a window and probably 3-5 feet below the highest point on the roof line (which I think violates UPC).

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Greg

I should have said, "...,I think this would take care of the "horizontal vent" problem because that is how the existing set up is."

How does this look? Is the stack that is at about a 45 degree angle in the attic o.k.?
Thanks for the help.
Greg

diagram.jpg

Your not quite there. You can't have a waste line connecting in between a toilet and it's vent. Connect the shower to the same line that serves the sink below the floor just be sure to increase the line to 2".

John

Latest posts

Back