Drain pipe in the garage clogged?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBlazito

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a drain pipe sticking out of the wall in the garage that suddenly started pouring out water all over the garage floor when any of the sinks in the house is used. So far I have used a drain snake without any success. I got about 20ft of wire down the pipe but was not able to unclog it. What else can I try?

Pic of the drain pipe in the wall down in the garage.
f53di8.jpg

That is called a stand pipe for your washing machine. You need to use a powered snake. You might want to try to out a little bend on the end of the cable so it will go down line

The metal pipe in the wall is what I'm talking about. Is that what you're referring to? When I turn on any sink in the house, water starts to pour out of the pipe in the wall. I went as deep as I could with the snake wire. It came out without any debris on it.

UPDATE: Went into the garage and the water was pouring out of that pipe pretty heavily. I did not run any sinks or use the restrooms in the last few hours. I'm confused now. Can it be that the drain pipe is shared with my neighbor?

That metal pipe is what i am referring to. Yes it could be attached to nieghbor. Your cable is probably going through to the other unit

Salt. that's a new one.
Water seeks it's lowest lever. If the washer drain is the lowest drain in the house, could be a main line stoppage Hand snake has it's limitations. You're gonna need a bigger snake. and maybe even another place of insertion of that snake into the drain. Time to call in the pro with the right equipment to do the job

If water really pours out heavily then use air compressor to hydro-pneumatically clear the line if you have otherwise take advise from Experts.

I for one have never used compressed air to clear a waste line. I can't see how it would work as the compressed air would just go up through the vent before having any effect on the stoppage.

I have seen the mess it can make. 3 story building. Dumbass on the 3rd floor used a shop vacuum( big heavy duty one) to blow out his clogged kitchen drain. Blew it out the vent. Wasn't a pretty site. Kind of like using a blow bag that connects to a water hose. Than can even make a bigger mess

Latest posts

Back