Tube of Toothpaste down the Toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Now what? How do I get this thing out? I reached in there and no luck grabbing it with my hand.

Thanks son!

It may have passed through with no problems. If it is stuck, your only choice is to pull the toilet. Better yet, have Keith do it!

You better hope it gets stuck in the toilet and not halfway out of the house. Or just wait for a back up and you will find it. Personally I would just hope it makes it way into the city sewer system.

The toilet it's in backs up, but the other toilet doesn't. I don't want to just push it through as I'm on septic.

I'm right in that logic right? I could snake it to the street line if it was going there.

If your concerned about pushing it down the line then pull the toilet. I would try to remove it with an auger. But that's me. But I may have more feel for it then you.

Will there be any issues with forcing it through to the septic? I have an auger I can run no problem, and would have already done that at my old house I'm just not overly familiar with septic tanks unfortunately.

If it makes it into the tank your home free. What could happen is it gets lodged in the main line causing a main line stoppage that will have to be cleared with a snake. If you decide to use the auger don't just force it through the toilet. Try to hook the tooth paste and pull it back.

If you have a clean-out between the house and septic tank remove the clean-out cap and place something in the clean-out to help catch the tube. I use chicken wire that is formed to fit perfect inside the clean-out.

I'd pull the toilet and then push it through. I sure wouldn't want a tube of toothpaste floating around my drain lines.

If I were you I would dig through your septic tank wearing a speedo to see if it made it.

If I were you I would dig through your septic tank wearing a speedo to see if it made it.

Didn't work.

I'm going to be pulling the toilet today. I'll keep you guys updated.

I'm sure he got his arm stuck in the toilet and probably can't reach the computer to type 'help'.

Latest posts

Back