client horror stories

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last Friday I had a kitchen sink stoppage. back to back with another unit.
I knocked on the neighbors door to ask them not to use the sink until I was done.

:eek: The old man answered the door in his birthday suit !!! :eek:

THE HORROR !! I am scared for life.

I would of preferred that over the awkwardness that was yesterday.

A guy has a few zone valves not working, so I'm over checkin it out. His girlfriend comes home. I come upstairs to go get something out of the van, and all I hear is "hey Matty." I turn around to see my ex girlfriend, who I left to be with my now wife. She was uncomfortable, I was uncomfortable...the boyfriend was clueless. Phew.

Last edited:
But speaking of old men with no shame...

I'm on call...I answer to the phone to a guy who was looking for my boss. But his number was forwarded to me.

"Yeah sorry sir he's not available, he's got me on call forward, can I give him a message?"

........silence

"Hello?"

Old man - "ah...agghhh...mmmmm...oooow"

"Sir is everything ok over there? Are you alright? Sir?"

"Ah yea I'm fine I just got this big pimple on my bag I can't pop and it's driving me insane"

........silence

"Yea so just tell the boss I called"

"Do I tell him about your bag?"

"Never you mind!"

*click

I know someone who sneaked back in the middle of the night an ripped the water line out of the ground

cut the pipe into 12'' pieces. because of no paymentView attachment 9240
shocked-scream-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
Not a horror story of mine, but my cousin is a cable guy, and sent me a video today. I don't know how to post it...so i will just explain it.

They are doing some work in the low income funded housing in Halifax. He walks into the apartment and pans the camera.....all you see all over the floor is feces. It looks like the guy living there lets his dogs do their business all over the apartment......but wait....this guy doesn't have dogs. Cats?....nope. Just him. This guy urinates and craps all over his floor, and couch where he sleeps. The video was taken to show the boss why he refused to work there, and from what I understand, authorities are now involved.

Not a horror story of mine, but my cousin is a cable guy, and sent me a video today. I don't know how to post it...so i will just explain it.

They are doing some work in the low income funded housing in Halifax. He walks into the apartment and pans the camera.....all you see all over the floor is feces. It looks like the guy living there lets his dogs do their business all over the apartment......but wait....this guy doesn't have dogs. Cats?....nope. Just him. This guy urinates and craps all over his floor, and couch where he sleeps. The video was taken to show the boss why he refused to work there, and from what I understand, authorities are now involved.

Yikes! That is so unhealthy its scary. I imagine the guy must have had some sort of mental problem. Hope he got some help. I feel sorry for whoever has to go clean up that mess.

Wednesday night was a doozie.

Dude called in the morning because his septic alarm was going off. I went over, checked it out. Newer pump but something wasn't right. I was able to spot some burnt wires, informed the customer the tank had to be pumped to make the repairs. He gets on the phone and the septic guy is going to be a few hours, so I move on and tell him to call when it's pumped and I'll bring an apprentice and we will repair the wires.

So, it's late afternoon before he calls, the septic truck was later than expected. It's starting to get dark. I jump in the tank, make the repairs, and by now it's really dark. Turn on the power....nothing. Go in my house with my electrical tester....sure enough, power leaving the house, but not making it to the tank. The wires leave the house not in conduit, just buried in the soil, and it's down 4 feet.

We tell the customer the situation and he can still use his facilities since his tanks were pumped, and we would return in the day light to investigate further. He was not at all impressed, and he got right up in my face:

"Let me tell you something son. I spent 25 years commanding the Navy, and my men NEVER let a job go unfinished. So I suggest you get your ass out there and start digging"

Now, I have the up most respect for military people and the job they do, but that attitude goes no where fast with me. To which I replied:

"Okay, let me tell YOU something bud. You ain't in the Navy anymore, and I certainly don't work under you. Now, we will be back in the morning, or you can call somebody else."

So we left, and by the time we got back in the shop, he had called to complain about my attitude to the boss. When we walked in, there was a lot of "mmmhmm"......"okay....yes I understand"....."yup"

Then my boss ends the conversation with:

"Well I certainly won't have you treating my employees with such disrespect, don't worry about the bill, just don't call us with you business anymore, we don't work for ass holes"

Didn't hear from him again :)

Wednesday night was a doozie.

Dude called in the morning because his septic alarm was going off. I went over, checked it out. Newer pump but something wasn't right. I was able to spot some burnt wires, informed the customer the tank had to be pumped to make the repairs. He gets on the phone and the septic guy is going to be a few hours, so I move on and tell him to call when it's pumped and I'll bring an apprentice and we will repair the wires.

So, it's late afternoon before he calls, the septic truck was later than expected. It's starting to get dark. I jump in the tank, make the repairs, and by now it's really dark. Turn on the power....nothing. Go in my house with my electrical tester....sure enough, power leaving the house, but not making it to the tank. The wires leave the house not in conduit, just buried in the soil, and it's down 4 feet.

We tell the customer the situation and he can still use his facilities since his tanks were pumped, and we would return in the day light to investigate further. He was not at all impressed, and he got right up in my face:

"Let me tell you something son. I spent 25 years commanding the Navy, and my men NEVER let a job go unfinished. So I suggest you get your ass out there and start digging"

Now, I have the up most respect for military people and the job they do, but that attitude goes no where fast with me. To which I replied:

"Okay, let me tell YOU something bud. You ain't in the Navy anymore, and I certainly don't work under you. Now, we will be back in the morning, or you can call somebody else."

So we left, and by the time we got back in the shop, he had called to complain about my attitude to the boss. When we walked in, there was a lot of "mmmhmm"......"okay....yes I understand"....."yup"

Then my boss ends the conversation with:

"Well I certainly won't have you treating my employees with such disrespect, don't worry about the bill, just don't call us with you business anymore, we don't work for ass holes"

Didn't hear from him again :)

I respect a boss like that.
your lucky to have him,,,

Absolutely. Reasons like that are just a small portion as to why I left a company I was perfectly happy with to work for him. He's just a straight shootin' old school plumber.

Yesterday was a first for me. First, a little back story.

This guy is a regular customer, and it's known in this forum I don't care for customers just hanging back and watching while I work. Well, this guy is like, the worst for it. When I'm there, he NEVER leaves me for a second....doesn't chit chat...just inspects. I actually almost lit him on fire once because he got too close while I was soldering...but that's a story for another day.

So i get to his place again yesterday to replace a pressure switch on his jet pump. As usual he follows me down to the mechanical room...I begin work and he just stands there. After about 2 minutes he says "well...I'll leave you to it" and he goes upstairs. I couldn't believe it, I thought to myself he must be sick, or he finally clued in that he annoys me.

A few minutes passed and I had to go to the truck for something so I thought I'd check in with him....he was lying on the floor in the living room and straight up looked horrible. I rushed over and was talking to him and he kept saying he really didn't feel well, so I called an ambulance and hung out there until paramedics showed up. While we were waiting I just made small talk to make sure he was still alive. I called his wife for him, and while I'm on the phone he's touching his wrists, and his ears and throat. I asked him what was wrong and he told me he was doing diagnostics LOL. When the paramedics came he told them what his heart rate was, how fast his pulse was and all kinds of information.

Anyway, heard from his wife today he's home and doing fine. She didn't say what was wrong but I'm glad he's okay. It's kind of a scary thing to walk into! Not sure what may of happened it I wasn't there to call the ambulance, he could of been there a while.

Back