What do ya know'

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevemachine

Professional
Reaction score
I gotta say since I've been on this forum I've definitely learnt a lot of information, today I put some of it to use, and It was something as simple as someone putting the refill tube on the toilet all the way to the bottom of the flush valve and it siphoning, so of course I trimmed it so it went inside about an inch and problem solved. Hurray! Haha

Yeah that's the best part, there's a million and one ways to do plumbing and it seems almost every guy on here does it differently in one way or another its cool to see. Of course learning it one way you seem to think its the only way haha. Definitely glad I joined.

I know I am playing golf on saturday. :D

Have a good game.
That at one time was my game. Had a foursome I played with once a week for close to 20 years.

John

Thanks, I have a group I play with too. we also take a trip to myrtle beach ever year. When we are full we are a group of 12.

Agreed John, I've had 1st years show me ways to do stuff that I would have never done that way. Haha so yes your can learn from anyone.

I have learned more here then I have ever contributed. Thanks guys!

<---- 5,370 of those posts are nonsense.

phishfood said:
Yup, I really like the different experiences and perspectives that are on display here. I have learned a lot as well.

I agree. And the satisfaction of being able to help people is a good feeling. Some day each of us will die and whatever we don't pass on will be lost within us. I had an old timer tell me this once and he's now dead. It has always stuck with me and the simple knowledge of that statement should be shared in his memory. He believed it and so do I. He's gone now and so much of his experiences are gone with him.

I'm 32 and should have several good years ahead of me, but we're a die'n breed for sure!

Sorry for being so directly to the point, but it's the truth.

I agree. And the satisfaction of being able to help people is a good feeling. Some day each of us will die and whatever we don't pass on will be lost within us. I had an old timer tell me this once and he's now dead. It has always stuck with me and the simple knowledge of that statement should be shared in his memory. He believed it and so do I. He's gone now and so much of his experiences are gone with him.

I'm 32 and should have several good years ahead of me, but we're a die'n breed for sure!

Sorry for being so directly to the point, but it's the truth.

Reminds me of Majakdragon, he was a good guy and gave a lot of good info to the site. It will be a year in four days that he has been gone.

http://www.plumbingforums.com/forum/f15/terry-has-gone-his-eternal-home-2275/

Latest posts

Back