Venting under floor

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsreyn8

Reaction score
I am remodeling my master bath and have reached the plumbing stage. This is my proposed layout for plumbing but not sure if venting the shower and tub thru the same 2" pvc vent that runs horizontal is allowed. The shower and tub would come into a double wye (I think this is correct term - t fitting with another connection out the top) each fixture in from the side and then vented out the top. Thanks in advance for the help.

20141209_183250.jpg

Last edited:
Where do you reside and who told you what size pipes to use? I ask because I live in Canada and our sizing and venting may differ. I need a bunch of American plumbers pissed off at me like I need a hole in the head (please say you'll be using a tape measure and not a folding ruler) 😃

Yeah holy smokes 2" lavs seem extremely oversized. Otherwise it seems reasonable I'd wet vent the shower and tub if possible, a 2d picture makes it hard to tell that's why an isometric is the way to go, otherwise it seems decent.

Horizontal vents require a c.o. That is the only code stipulation I'm aware of and as long as the vent has no possible way to act as a drain supposing that drain ever backs up. Vents need to be tied in above flood level rim to prevent that from happening

Latest posts

Back