What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, did he even have permission to borrow that stuff? I bet not. What an ass! But he's family so you'd probably catch hell if you sued him.

Frodo, all of the people advocating violence toward cops because of the actions of a few bad eggs really makes me sad. Many of the cops around here suck, but I wouldn't wish harm on them, and there are some really nice ones.

The really sad thing is, a lot of the people don't even realize (or care) they are going against what Martin Luther King Jr stood for.

I hope you can find the vinyl fencing, Chris.

Today, (well, technically yesterday) I stepped on a shard of glass/ceramic from a plate that broke. I thought I got all of the pieces. Fortunately it was a very minor cut and doesn't even hurt. I put triple antibiotic cream on it once it stopped bleeding and then cleaned up the remaining shards.

Then I heard the toilet running so I took apart the flush valve assembly and cleaned it. The inside of the toilet tank is covered in some black crud and it is so dark in there that I didn't see a rubber gasket that fell, but when the fill valve kept filling, I realized something was wrong and took a look with a flashlight and saw the gasket, cleaned it, and put it back in. Now its working normally again.

Question though: Is it safe to put vinegar in the toilet tank to try to clean that crud off?

you are on a septic system, use comit and a scrub sponge.

then flush a the crap out of your septic tank.

and buy some bakers yeast at the store, open the packet and flush the yeast

the cleaning chemicals will stress out the little critter dudes

feeding them yeast will make them happy again

note...1 pack of yeast a month is a real good idea

or you can buy rid ex same thing

I was thinking of using diluted vinegar, but not sure just how diluted. Maybe just a splash of vinegar along with some dish soap or something.

I'm worried that comet will damage the plastic and rubber stuff in the toilet tank. Maybe I can use toothpaste and a scrub brush. I am seriously thinking of getting some sort of filter for the toilet supply line to catch some of the crud that is going in, but I don't know what kind would work. The water for the tub and sinks comes out brownish and leaves a sort of reddish brown/orangey residue, but for some reason inside of the toilet is now black. I hope it isn't some kind of mold.

Use a non-soaped type of Brillo pad (little coils of steel that are made out of stainless steel) and a bit of elbow grease. It is not mold, it is just algae from having non-chlorinated water.

94 degrees inside my office and the air won't kick on and the owner is a slumlord. Guess I will be sweating for a while.

I feel you chris. My little window unit is cranking as hard as it can. If it goes out I'm going home. Working on a take off for a kroger. I'm not going bake for it.

I do their distribution centers and have a contract with the plumbing and electrical contractor that has the contract for all their service work in SoCal, if it is underground I am usually the one digging it up.

I took my truck to get it's 60+k miles servicing. Came out to about $56 with tax. They cleaned the underside, put air in the tires, changed filters, etc. Didn't pull any bs or say I needed extras (this place never does). I think it helped that the carwash was broken so it was so filthy, they probably didn't want to work on it much. They wrote down the info on it so they can let me know when the airbag replacement comes in.

Went to Petsmart with my mother and got some cleaning supplies that I gave to my brother as a hint. A pooper scooper, a scraper, and a little rake attachment along with carpet shampoo were part of it.

Hope your AC holds out, Chris.

I had a work comp audit this morning, they usually take a few hours and I get questioned to death. Guy was here 30 minutes said everything looked good and ran, literally ran out my door. Pretty sure he has some weekend plans to get to.

I was awakened at 0037 hours with my burglar alarm activating. Appears I have a faulty sensor, since the same zone screwed up a few months ago. I put in a request to get it fixed, but can probably expect at least a week before they get out to fix this little bugger.

I just got a call from my wife that her dad fell in my kitchen and can't get up. He is in his 50's and is a hypochondriac and always screaming about pains. He will say he his back is out and have to miss something and then as soon as the women leave he is up doing whatever. He will sit in your car next to you and just scream out of nowhere about a little pain in his back or leg or something. It has gotten to the point where I just ignore him. So my wife rushed home from work this morning (I told her to just call an ambulance so if he was faking it at least it would cost him a bunch.) and she said he is up and walking fine but says his hip hurts. She is making him go to the hospital to have it looked at. We were all supposed to hop in the RV in a couple hours to go visit family in San Diego. Not sure if he finally really hurt himself or if it is another fake injury. I guess we will see in a few.

Yeah I'm here now.

Turns out her dad had no injuries. But while they were there they figured out he is two minutes from a heart attack so they are doing a bunch of stuff and getting him in a bunch of medication.

Spent an extra long labour day weekend driving to Montreal and back. Good little get away with the wife before I leave her behind when I go to New Hampshire in a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back