design help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for help with a rough in of a new bathroom. We've done an addition and changed an old bedroom into a bathroom. My questions are around the sewer line installation. Due to the location of the mainline I need to run a portion of pipe a long a horizontal support beam. Here are my questions:

1) The way the bathroom is setup the toilet and double sink are first and the tub and shower are across the room. Should the toilet be the last item on the 3" pipe, meaning that I need to hook the shower and bath into the 3"" line before the toilet or can I use a 3" tee wye (i think it's called that) for the toilet and a fitting that reduces the 3" down to a 2" pipe and continue on to the shower and tub?

2) I think all drainage pipes need to turn a corner with 2 x 45 degree fittings instead of a 90 degree fitting. Is this correct? Does that hold true for 3" pipes as well?

3) What is the maximum allowable distance a 2" drain pipe can be from the vent.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Greg

It's not a question of what order the fixtures connect to the main line. It's a question as to how there vented. In most cases your not allowed to connect another fixture between a fixture and it's vent.

John

Took me a few minutes to find but here is a link to an old thread where we helped walk another through a bathroom remodel.
You may find a lot of useful information in this thread about what not to do.

Latest posts

Back