Point of entry for repipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HReedKnows

Reaction score
Hello, my question is in regards to installing a new domestic water service, what is the best point of entry in a slab house?

Are you planning on installing the piping under the slab, or in the attic and walls? Are you in an area subject to freezing?

Generally, I would want to locate the service entrance directly underneath one of the exterior hose bibs, the one closest to the water meter or well, as this makes the service valve much easier to locate later.

It would be a pex over head repipe, i was wondering what the best way to enter the house, whether to drill the slab on the exterior wall and enter the house through there (under the slab) or come up outside the wall and penetrate the exterior wall, this is in the north Texas area, thanks for the quick reply!

really depends on where you live. it is important to take into consideration freeze conditions

florida. stub up outside the house and 90 in 12'' above ground

virginia, better be 4' deep

as far as location. I ALWAYS install a outside faucet where i enter the building. 90% of the plumbers I know do the same thing.
WHY? later/ when looking for the water service, start at the hose bib ;) we are tricky like that

icon (1).jpg

Back