Broken waste and overflow

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melinda

Reaction score
Hi. Newbie (who knows absolutely nothing about plumbing) with a question. I was told my waste and overflow are broken allowing water to seep under the tub causing the nasty odor we've noticed. The proposed repairs consist of digging a tunnel form the outside and replacing the drain lines. I was mortified to learn this is to cost over $5000.00! Your thoughts? Second opinion, yay or nay? Thanks!

Thanks so much for the prompt replies. I reside in Houston, Texas. Will try to get a pic asap.

I assume the house is a slab or crawl space. There must be a access panel from above that they removed to view the damaged drain. How were they planning on doing the job, what did they tell you.

Anything under the slab or a tub that may cause damage to your foundation will cost $$ I would not style for someone off craigslist to do the work as the finish may cause Long term damage to the home due to "setteling" after work has been completed. With minimal info or pictures thus can either be an easy fix or a $5,000+ job. Anything that has to due with the foundation to your home or a cast iron tub will cost quite a bit.

Latest posts

Back