What kind of valve is this??

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gato11311

Reaction score
I am having a problem with leaking outside of my drain pipe from the water heater. I just replaced my TPR valve and noticed that there is still leakage. It must be this other little valve on the cold water inlet. It sounds like water is running through the pipe and there is no leakage except the constant drainage from the outer drain pipe. Question is: Does anyone know what this other valve is and where to buy another to replace it?

IMG_20131026_173050.jpg

Last edited:
The Temperature Pressure Relief Valve is not the problem. I just replaced that. It is the other one coming from the cold inlet that connects to the copper tubing right after the TPR. Are you saying it is called a vaccum breaker?

The Temperature Pressure Relief Valve is not the problem. I just replaced that. It is the other one coming from the cold inlet that connects to the copper tubing right after the TPR. Are you saying it is called a vaccum breaker?

That's the one I was referring to in my first reply. Can't see enough of it to determine which it is.

I think it is another pressure relief valve after comparing others on the web. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Just wierd that I have two (the t&p and this one).

It's a mixing valve( I think)

Never seen one like that maybe the knob is broken off of that but only way is to cut it out and replace it... No replacement parts

This is a thermal expansion valve. They are more trouble then they're worth. Id remove it and cap the line, then install an expansion tank on the cold water side. Problem solved

Latest posts

Back