Who the H**l Are You People?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg, that's a neat belt in your link there. A bit pricey for me though...

Thanks, ..well considering there is nothing else like it on the market the price is a bit higher than average but you have to look at the over all picture of it's versatility and the Guarantee I provide. ;)
Remember the website is based on retail pricing. Trade prices are much better. We have to keep the online pricing up due to stocking retailers.:(

It is one sweet tool belt. I would get one for my dad but we are done with all of our major projects now.

I would but we proclaimed no more big projects. Last year we moved the boiler and washer/dryer to 2 new rooms in the back of the garage from out of the kitchen. That meant a new header for the old supporting wall in the kitchen. That turned into a half wall. Since we took out the top section of another wall, the dining room needed an entire new cieling so that the ceilings would be the same height. The famil room had to have a doorway cut so that there was an entrance to the newly tiled laundry room. We also built a 12'x24' shed to store stuff.

This doesn't really sound like as much work as it really was. We had to run plumbing into the garage from the kitchen, and that is on the other side of the house. All of the drains go to the kitchen, and the water still comes in there, but it has to go to the garage to be softened and heated before going back to the kitchen. There is more that I am probably forgeting there too.

No, Luckrider, that sounds like a whole pantload of work. Everytime you start a small project around the house, it turns into a plethora of medium sized projects, with a few big ones mixed in to break up the monotony. And you have now learned this scientific fact the hard way.

Oh, we knew what we were getting into before we even started it. We had the whole entire kitchen designed before one single piece of sheetrock came down. We started by moving the bolier since that would be the most work. We ran all of the pipes, and it was only down for about 2 hours. There was a lot of copper work that went into that. That is also when we learned how amazing mapp is.

After we did that, we kind of just moved the washer and dryer so that we could still have clean clothes. They sat in the garage for quite a while before getting dedicated rooms.

It was then time to strip the kitchen apart. We only cooked with a microwave in whatever room it happended to be moved into for that day. We ended up eating at TGI Friday's about 3-7 times/week. All of the other projects kind of got worked in along the way. The only work we didn't do was the granite (included in the price of the materials, and the only way to get a warrenty), and the cabinites. The cabinites were cheap to have installed compared to the price, and we didn't even want to touch the cuts needed for the trim and crown molding.

All in all it wasn't that bad, but there was a lot of wiring (needed to run a 220V to the garage along with all new wiring for the kitchen), and there was a ton of copper and fancy new hybrid water pipes.

Your sad attempts to hijack the thread are for naught, I know most of you still aren't plumbers, and the bulk of you are connected to Jeeps.

Still, you amuse me, so continue....

I am glad that we amuse you. Yes, many of us are connected to Jeeps. I myself am not really a professional plumber, but I have done some professional plumbing. I have also done quite a bit of work in my own house that has plumbing.

I am here from the administrator's firearms forum.

We are a motley bunch here, aren't we?

lol, I wonder how many people are actually here that aren't associated with a Kieth forum.

I am here from the administrator's firearms forum.

We are a motley bunch here, aren't we?

Who are you on there? I've been on once or twice, but I never signed up.

Back