Outside faucet dripping - how to shut off water?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolaberries

Reaction score
We live in a townhouse and we have a faucet in our backyard. It is dripping. I have tried to tighten everything on it but it still drips. We never use it so I rather just shut off the water supply for it. Near the faucet is a white container with screwed in lid. What is that? Should I open it? Thank you for any help.

IMG_3761.jpg

That is a yard clean out for your sewer. Your shut off to the hose bib may be in the utility room. They are usually tied in near the water heater or near where the main comes in.

Thank you for your reply! I will check around the water heater in our utility room. Cheers!

You probably have a hose Bibb like this in the front also. Walk straight out from it toward curb. Look for your meter box which should have a shut off valve in it. I would replace the hose Bibb with a good quality one not a cheap one. Call your water service provider if necessary. You need to know where to shut off water in case of emergency.

Back