Flush O Meter

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icelikeaninja

Reaction score
Hey guys. I live in an apartment building and the super is not answering his phone.

I just flushed my toilet and now it wont stop running. It's not over flowing there is just some water that is getting through.

I tried closing the stop valve with a flat head {clock wise} and its not making it any better or worse.

Any suggestions? The plumbers in my area cant get here for another 3 hours..

Is there any other way on the flushometer itself that I can stop the flow of water?

Either shut off the valve adjacent to the toilet, or go into the tank and manually lift the float up to see if you can stop the flow.

Flushometer means a flush valve that supplies all of the water for flushing the bowl from the supply piping, instead of storing it in a tank, often used in commercial bathrooms. Normally the stop valve will shut off the water, but it sounds as though this one is clogged with sediment or the seal is bad.

Oh, like a Sloan Valve? Ours at work would get stuck and we'd have to beat the hell out of it to stop. It usually never stopped and would flood the bathroom. Fortunately, the floor drain caught most of the mess!

Latest posts

Back