Need Advice

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevenW1969

Reaction score
I have a renovation project that I have been working on and have to replace the sewer main pipe and all the interior plumbing. I got the main sewer pipe run it has a 1/2" drop per foot to the septic tank and have tried to keep this same drop throughout the rest of the drains. I attached some photo's of what I have so far. I know I will need a vent pipe for each drain since they will be more than 7-8 feet away from each other. I will use the same size vent as what the drain is so I don't get the gurgling sound when using one of them.

The advice I need is the junction where the sewer main comes into the home. I currently have a Ø4" 4 way and it just seems like this is wrong that the fitting I need should direct the flow of the waste towards the main line and not just to the main pipe as shown. I haven't glued anything together yet I wanted to test fit everything before I commit my components.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Plumbing (1) (960x1280).jpg

Plumbing (2) (960x1280).jpg

Plumbing (3) (1280x960).jpg

Plumbing (4) (960x1280).jpg

Plumbing (5) (1280x960).jpg

I don't have time to look it all over, but your using the wrong pipe under the floor it should all be sch 40 what you have is 3034. I will get back to you on the rest when I have more time.

Code in Canada will not let you use 90 bends on drainage unless it is a vent or carries waste from the horizontal to the vertical. 2 45 degree elbows are needed to do a 90. That cross tee is wrong. Do not use that. Use two y fittings with 45 elbows into them to make the turn. Tees are not permitted on their sides like that. Need to use y fittings.

Back