Cold water on hot side of washer

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damatobrandon

Reaction score
Hi,
As a expereinced handy man I have seen alot of problems but I ran into somehting new today. In the laundry room of a 2 bedrooom condo only cold water comes out of both the hot and cold lines to washer. To comfirm I shut off the cold water side filled the washer only with hot the hot side. I did this multiple times to make shure, the water did not even attempt to get warm. I then did the same thing with the cold water line and got the same results. The only difference I noticed was the water pressure on the hot side was slightly lower than on the cold side but I do beleive that is common on most washers. While the rest of the house has hot water the laundry room does not. It seems as if somone has spliced the hot side with the cold water. Every unit has its own seperate hot water heater and ther is no shared tanks.

You shold have tried to take the hose off and placed into a bucket to see if hot water then came to determine if the W/M has a problem itself or if someone actually plumbined it in wrong.

After removing the hoses, check the metal screen on the inlets before doing what bhamiltonjr recommended.

Back