Guidance Needed For Domestic Layout

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davepweb

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a DIY homeowner who is running pex through my house. I've heard that a "home-run" system saves water and energy but requires more pex. There are currently no water lines and the house is gutted. I bought a manifold that has 15 cold and 9 hot connections, plenty for my house. Should I branch off of some lines or run each one separately? Maybe combine only a few? I attached my design as a file with this post.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

domestic_layout2.jpg

Hello all,

I am a DIY homeowner who is running pex through my house. I've heard that a "home-run" system saves water and energy but requires more pex. There are currently no water lines and the house is gutted. I bought a manifold that has 15 cold and 9 hot connections, plenty for my house. Should I branch off of some lines or run each one separately? Maybe combine only a few? I attached my design as a file with this post.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
One of the advantages of home runs to each outlet is that you don't need valves except at the manifold, and you can shut off one without effecting the rest of the house. The other benefit is that there are no fittings in the walls. Without fittings I would think there is less chance of a leak.

Back